Briefly here are the minutes of our AGM as above.
- Summer Concert Apparently it was thoroughly enjoyed by all. No complaints and lots of positive comments. Our best one so far! It was suggested that the lighting should be dimmed in the main body of the hall so that the stage area showed up more. Suggestion has been noted.
- Financial report. The choir is in a good financial position with a balance of £1,599.82. The concert made a profit of £428 pounds. The accounts are being sent to J. Cooling to be audited.
- Accompanist Becky Hogsdon has kindly agreed to stay with us until Easter 2016. Thank you Becky. We think we have a replacement for Becky when the time comes.
- Christmas Events The choir are singing as follows ; Dec 4th Nailstone Church Dec 11 Ibstock Palace Dec 12th Ibstock Church Christmas Tree Festival. Dec 17th Ibstock retirement homes TBC. Ro to confirm this date which will be followed by our annual fuddle back at the Chapel
- Future Dates We will be doing a September Concert again at the Palace. Ellistown concert will hopefully be in March and the Barlestone concert April/May.
- Choir Leaders comments. Marion thanked all the choir for their hard work and support. The Palace Concert was excellent and she will definitely be with us up to next years main concert.
- A member asked if we could make a CD this year. Suggestions were – at next years concert or the studio at Appleby Magna school, and to ask John Sketchly at Hermitage FM. Noted and to be investigated. Another comment was that we should all show more respect for the choir leader. The committee were also thanked for their work throughout the year.
- Chairperson’s comments The Chair wanted to remind us that there is a tea rota and could only the people on the rota be in the kitchen so as not to waste time waiting to start the second half of practice. She also wanted to re-iterate the comments about respect for the choir leader. Everyone talking either when Marion is speaking or when a section of the choir is learning their part is distracting. Also could all queries go through Marion esp if there is a problem with learning new pieces of music.