Minutes of AGM meeting held 25th Sept 2014
There were no minutes from the last meeting to be verified.
The Chair asked if anyone from the choir would like to take one of the committee positions – no-one said yes so it remains as;
Chair Jennifer Chapman
Treasurer Sharon Harris
Secretary Alison Wright
The committee were thanked for agreeing to stay on for the next year. The Choir Leader was also thanked for remaining for another year
1. Summer concert There were lots of good comments. The venue remains the same for next year although a bigger stage may be needed. It was said the stage looked a little drab so Joy and Wendy have offered to make flower arrangements to brighten it up. The committee thanked both members.
2. Finances. We are in a healthy financial position for next year with a balance of £1520.00 to be carried forward. Sharon was thanked for her work on the finances over the last year.
3. Accompanist. Margaret informed us that Becky was happy to play for us next year. All agreed to p[ay her £10/night and Margaret would contact her with the offer.
4. The secretary to contact the Palace Ibstock to confirm 12th Dec 2014 for Xmas Fair
5. Ro asked if we could sing at Hermitage FM on 23rd Oct but this date was not convenient. Ro to contact them with a view to singing in the New Year. Ro to also contact Retirement homes for carol singing and to inform us of suitable times and dates.
6. Next year we are hoping to have the summer concert at the Ibstock Palace on Sept 5th. Secretary to contact Palace. Joy has asked if we can do a concert in April 2015 at Barlestone.
Finally Marion apologised for not thanking us publically at the concert, it was an oversight, she thought it was a good concert and is looking forward to next year.