- There were many comments about the Summer Concert It appears that people were counting money at the back of the palace while the concert was in progress which was off-putting for some of the audience. We need to sort out the lighting before the concert starts next year. Could we include monologues and maybe some audience participation. Some people would have liked the choir to sing more with a smaller slot for guests although Marion thought the amount of new music that we sang was enough for us to learn but we could add to that with core music from other years. It was asked if Alex and Alexandra could perform something that the audience could more easily relate to next year. It was asked if the ticket price could revert back to £5. To be decided. On the plus side it was said that last year’s concert was amazing and everyone loved the ‘theatricals’
- Christmas concerts/events. Great feedback from the concert at St Denys Congrats to Marion on putting together a lovely programme, we are getting better every year and it was said to be the best we have ever done. Due to the layout of the choir it was difficult for members on the back row to hear the rest of the choir. To be looked at for next year. We thought singing at the care homes was very positive this year. It was suggested to visit them at other times of the year, maybe in the community room. Also would an earlier slot in the day be more acceptable for singing the carols. Julie has kindly volunteered to liaise with the care homes to find out.
- Treasurers Report At the end of Oct 2016 we were £400 up on last year. The finances are in a healthy position with the balance at £1902.44. We have donated another £100 to Hospice Hope from the Christmas concert. Linda thanked us on behalf of H.Hope. We need to buy a portable stand on wheels for the keyboard to make it easier for concerts. The choir thanked Sharon for her hard work in keeping the accounts in order.
- Looking forward to 2017 It was decided on May 18th at Ibstock Methodist Chapel for our next concert in aid of H.Hope and Sept 2nd for the summer concert at Ibstock Palace. Marion would also like us to sing at Ellistown Chapel and Nailstone Church Marion said she was open to ideas for new songs etc for the concerts and ideas for the soloists. There was a request from a choir member for more musicals in our concerts and My Fair Lady was suggested
- Choir Leader’s comments Marion said a huge thanks to the choir for our hard work and commitment. She said we work well as a team, and are now a very good choir. The overall impression from last’s years concerts are superb. Although the cost of the music appears high we need to buy it as we can’t photocopy. Marion ended by saying she wants us all to just continue enjoying our singing. We all thanked Marion immensely for her hard work, leadership and patience
- Accompanists Comments Alex praised us for yet another successful year. He asked us all for ideas for songs and music for next year and to tell him and Marion. He also offered to arrange music for us if necessary and also that he was happy to conduct and lead the choir in Marion’s absence. Alex asked if the choir wanted any new members, especially younger ones and would ask at the school where he works. He also had information about a local singing teacher if anyone was interested the details are as follows 01530 837321 and 07790 279705 The choir thanked Alex for his help and experience throughout the year.
- AOB It was agreed that we should review Alex’s payment and that he should be paid for each session and also a payment for his composing and arranging of music. Marion proposed £20/session. Alison seconded. All agreed It was also agreed that we should review Marion’s payment as choir leader. Sue proposed £20/session, Alison seconded. All agreed. It was asked if the subs paid covered the extra expense to which the answer was ‘Yes’ We were asked to consider asking members to pay their subs even for the weeks not attended. It was agreed this was a good idea. It was also suggested to apply for funding, Alison and Sharon to check it out. New tops for both summer and winter concerts were considered, choir members were asked to source, although Marion preferred 3/4 sleeved black with different coloured scarves. Alison wanted to thank Jennifer for leading the choir in Marion’s absence and for making sure that the chapel is always ready each week for practice
- Chairman’s Comments Jennifer asked for a new tea rota and could we go back to using cups from the Chapel. We were asked to respect each other whilst learning new pieces of music.. She also offered very many thanks to Marion and Alex for their hard work with the choir.
Happy New Year Everyone
AGM meeting 12th January 2017-01-09
- Summer Concert …………. any comments/feedback
- Christmas Concerts/Events any comments/feedback
- Treasurer’s Report
- Looking forward to 2017 concerts etc.
- Choir Leaders comments
- Accompanist comments
- AOB Comments from choir members
- Chairperson’s comments
See you on Thursday 12th